2024 Conference: Curriculum, Community and Beyond:
Future directions in citizenship education
SCEAA is pleased to announce that our national conference on Civics and Citizenship Education (CCE) will be held in Canberra, Australia, on Friday 19th April to Saturday 20th April 2024. Academics, researchers, teachers and other educators will gather together to explore the theme of Curriculum, Community, and Beyond: Future Directions in Citizenship Education. The conference will have the following sub themes:
- Giving voice to diverse communities in CCE: How can we ensure that all students have a voice in shaping their own education and promoting inclusivity and diversity in CCE?
- Leveraging technology and social media connections for active citizenship: How can we use technology and social media to engage young people in active citizenship and empower them to effect positive change in their communities?
- Creating authentic and purposeful action for sustainability in schools and beyond: What are some of the best practices in creating authentic and purposeful curriculum and action for sustainability in schools and beyond?
- Youth activism, political shifts and changing demographics: How can educators empower young people in their activism and political action, and what role can young people play in shaping the future of civic engagement?
- The work of educators in times of global shifts, complexity and uncertainty: What are the challenges facing educators in preparing students for a rapidly changing and complex world, and how can we navigate these challenges to provide effective curricula and community involvement for the future?
Read the full conference program here: